Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Last day being 3

Tomorrow is Lance's birthday and I can hardly believe that he is 4. It makes me really sad in some ways but hopeful in other ways (terrible 3's are over, right?). There is so much about Lance to love that it makes his naughtiness seem not so bad (well, that depends on the day if you know what I mean).

I am in love with his eyes. You don't get the full Lance effect if you looking at his eyes when he is telling you something.


He gives the best kisses - big puckery lips - and has from the time he was tiny.

He is generally very happy.

He has an incredible naughty streak in him that rears its ugly head every now and then. Just to name a few, a whole can of Pam on the kitchen floor (yes I almost broke my neck when I stepped onto the kitchen floor), leaving the hose on in the backyard and flooding his bedroom, ruining countless items of my make-up applying them in places that really don't use make-up and places that after my make-up has touched will never touch my face again.


He LOVES to drink - any type of flavored drink.

I love his obsession with his "Super Boy" jammies. He insists that he wear them as often as possible and that Preston wear his "Super Baby" jammies too so they can be partners in crime.

I love hearing him express the thoughts in his little head. For so long it was a mystery and it is so exciting to hear the way he thinks about things. I love hearing him talk!

I love the way he closes his eyes when he is eating something he finds especially yummy.

I love the way he says "I love you, Mom". So sincere and always followed by a hug and kiss.

There really is only one LANCEY PANCEY and I'm so glad he is MINE!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANCE!

7 comments:

heidi said...

Oh Lancey Pancey!!!! Those eyes, wow they kill me! What I love most about him is that laugh! So genuine and awesome!! Happy Birthday to Lancey!!

Potter Family said...

Lancey Pancey has a special place in my heart because of those eyes. How can you possibly get made when those eyes are looking at you! Happy Birthday Lance! Someday Heather I will share with you the fun/crazy time we had together when you were away have Preston. Those memories will live on in my heart FOREVER!

Unknown said...

Lance is so adorable! He is growing so fast, and I can't believe he is already 4.

I love this post so much! It's so heartfelt and sounds like little Lancey to a tee!

Tell him happy birthday for me and that I love him!

AmyJo said...

So funny that all the mother's with 3 year olds have high hopes for them in turning 4! They really do grow fast. I agree that the good does outweigh the naughty! I love my boys too. Happy Birthday Lance!

Sandra said...

How fun, happy birthday Lance!

Ann said...

I can't believe Lance is four. That means Halle is right behind him and I'm not sure I'm quite ready for it.

Lance really does have gorgeous eyes. Let's set Lance and Halle up. Can you imagine the beautiful eyes their kids would have?!

And is that Preston in the last pictures? Holy cow he's getting so big! You have the CUTEST boys (do I say that in every post on your blog?)

Tristen said...

Hey Heather! Can you shoot me an email? tristenlawrence at gmail dot com We've got enough people to do the swap! I'm not totally confident about the quilting part but I'll take that one step at a time, first the swap, then the quilting! If you shoot me an email I'll get you a confirmation email once I get everyone's email address!