Friday, March 19, 2010

Ungrateful


Today this story was sent to me in an email: mysuperspence.blogspot.com


I started to read about this courageous little boy and the struggles he was facing and realized how truly ungrateful I am for all that I have. What if one of my boys was seriously ill? What if I had to stay in the hospital days or weeks on end, getting no sleep because I was so worried and sad for him, wondering why he was crying in his sleep, wondering what he was dreaming about and wondering why this had to happen?


I have four happy, healthy little boys, each with their own personalities. One with a challenge learning to speak (and yes sometimes I wish I could take his place because people say stupid things). BUT they are happy, they are healthy.


I am going to enjoy them.


I am going to play with them.


I am going to make memories with them and hope that they will remember those happy times.


I am going to comfort them and be there for them always.


I will remember they are just little boys.


I will let them be adventurous and try new things.


I will be there to help them back up when things get hard.


I will teach them the gospel so we can be together forever.


I will trust them.


I will love them.....always.



As my mom always said "Each day is a gift of God." I won'tl let one go by without being thankful for what I do have and being aware of those that are in need. I am grateful for my health and that Heavenly Father has entrusted me with these 4 sweet little boys. I will live each day to the fullest so that if I were called to go through the same trial as my mom, they will have good memories of their mom.

4 comments:

Potter Family said...

Oh Heather, don't make me cry! You are an amazing mom, your sweet boys are so lucky to have you as their cheerleader and sounding board. Thanks for reminding me that "Each day is a gift of God". When I hear that there is only one person I think of...MOM!

Aaron and Rachael said...

Crazy that today I had a very similar post! Not that you have to read it or anything ; )

Sandra said...

Great post! I need to read that everyday :)

Melissa P said...

That is a sad story. I forgot your mom always had that saying. I need to remember to enjoy those things more often. Thanks for your great post. That picture of your boys is darling. Preston is getting so big.