I'll be the first to admit that I am not very good at arranging play dates for my kids. It just seems like there are so many things going on during a day and not really much time during the week for friends. But I do love when my boys have friends over and I can tell that they are having a great time and it is like you hardly even see them the whole time their friend is here.
Today we had one of Devan's friends over for the first time and while he was enjoying himself, this little friend felt a little too comfortable for a first time visit and I couldn't believe how much work it was to have him over. They would get out a game and he was completely uniterested in a matter of minutes and then would start to wander or try to get everybody wrestling.
I want my boys to have fun with their friends over and I don't like feeling like I am babysitting, counting down the minutes until their parents come get them.
So what do your kids like to do with their friends that keeps them entertained, doesn't make a huge mess and keeps them out of mischief?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Joslyn has one friend like that. I never let her come play. It is hard with those kind of kids.
I love that picture of Liam, I remember how cute those 2 were together. He is the reason we have our Tyler.
Video games. They don't make a mess when they are doing that. I feel bad that they have friends over and just play games but thats what they (their friends also) want to do.
I completely understand. Some friends are best when they just play outside. Thank heavens that school is out in the summer and not in the winter:)
Post a Comment