Today after church I took a much needed nap and awoke to hear Liam organizing and giving instructions to Devan and Lance for a hut. I almost cringed, I almost said no because I know what a mess that always turns into. Every blanket in the house is out, every book or heavy object and then they hate to clean it up. But then I thought back to when I was a kid and I LOVED to make huts. I would play in them for hours, sometimes days when my mom would let me keep it up. So, I didn't say anything and let them proceed and this is what I found:
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Taking me back
This week has been a very long week. Daniel has stayed late at work every night, had to go in yesterday and had to go back in to finish up the project today. It took me back to when he was in school and the kids would go days without seeing him because of his schedule. I am so grateful for Daniel's attitude and determination to always work hard, no matter what the circumstances.
Today after church I took a much needed nap and awoke to hear Liam organizing and giving instructions to Devan and Lance for a hut. I almost cringed, I almost said no because I know what a mess that always turns into. Every blanket in the house is out, every book or heavy object and then they hate to clean it up. But then I thought back to when I was a kid and I LOVED to make huts. I would play in them for hours, sometimes days when my mom would let me keep it up. So, I didn't say anything and let them proceed and this is what I found:

Today after church I took a much needed nap and awoke to hear Liam organizing and giving instructions to Devan and Lance for a hut. I almost cringed, I almost said no because I know what a mess that always turns into. Every blanket in the house is out, every book or heavy object and then they hate to clean it up. But then I thought back to when I was a kid and I LOVED to make huts. I would play in them for hours, sometimes days when my mom would let me keep it up. So, I didn't say anything and let them proceed and this is what I found:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I remember making huts as a kid too. Cute family picture!!!
I remember making huts too. Those are such cute pictures! I love your new family picture at the top too.
It took me back to just have you talk about it. Remember making huts and sleeping in them only to have books fall on our heads in the night! Remember making skittle pies! Remember playing Skip-bo in the closet for hours. Sometimes it is worth the mess!!
Oh, your boys are adorable. I'm glad to see they have they same happy childhood that we grew up knowing. I think I might go build me a hut right now. And read a Babysitter's Club book.
I am sure they will think and talk about this when they are older!
Hey Heather!
I LOVE your family picture up top!!! I'm going to put your blog on my blog:)
Post a Comment