Thursday, June 24, 2010

I-Spy Quilt

Tonight I started working on my first ever quilt. I am super excited, nervous and a bit apprehensive knowing that it is hard for me to finish projects (not sure why).

The gist of it is to have a quilt with 200 different blocks on it, each with a pattern or object. No licensed prints. Having never done any type of piece work quilting, this is a very ambitious project, but I realized when cutting my fabric today that I do LOVE having a project to work on.

So here goes to my first quilt....my blocks are in the mail and it will take about 3-4 weeks to see what I get in return.

5 comments:

Potter Family said...

Do you order the fabric? Sounds like fun. I have some old quilt frames if you need them.

heidi said...

I am SOOOOO excited to see your quilt! Are you doing some type of an exchange with blocks??? Curious!

Sandra said...

in the mail? Good luck, post some pics :)

AmyJo said...

I love having a project to work on too! Can't wait to see pictures when you are done.
I wish I could leave a project out as long as I want to, but such as it is I have to put it away after I am done with it or it may not survive.

Ann said...

I want to learn to quilt, but I've decided it will have to wait until I have a bigger house and bigger kids. Maybe by then you will be an expert and can help me.