With that said, I LOVE to read everyone's blog but rarely take the time to update ours. I guess I just don't feel like we are really ever doing anything interesting or have nothing of significance to post, but I am going to make more of an effort this year to update our blog.
Recently I have come to realize a few things (some I have known for a long time, but just needed reminding):
1. Life is always changing. Those of you who know me know that in most cases I HATE change, it is not a welcome part of life for me. I am one of those people that could do the same routine day in and day out almost every day and be fine with it. I don't need or thrive on the challenge of each day being different, never the same, a new adventure....you get the idea. I will do my best to embrace the changes that will come this year, good, bad, easy, hard, welcome, unwelcome.
2. Kids do absorb more than you realize. Friday Liam, Devan and I were all sick. Daniel was out of town, so thus, the early bedtimes. Saturday morning came and I woke up to the sounds of Liam running up and down the stairs and the washing machine turning on. He is such a HUGE helper for me. He knew that I was sick (must really be bad when I don't even mention chores) and so he took the clothes out of the dryer, folded them and started a new load. This is something that he has really enjoyed doing. It drives me crazy sometimes, because I completely DISLIKE doing laundry, so when he is doing loads of laundry throughout the week it can seem like that is all I am doing. BUT, I realized yesterday while laying on the couch, watching him scurry around the family room cleaning with a smile on his face, withoug having been asked, that he does GET IT. Makes all the hard work worth it.
3. Time goes by way to fast. Preston is no longer a brand new baby. He loves to play, especially with his brothers. He LOVES when Lance plays peek-a-boo with him. He gives those really deep belly laughs (the kind that MAKE you start laughing and smiling yourself). He is definitely our hardest baby, but such a blessing. The boys think he is the hottest thing since sliced bread. They can't stand it if Daniel and I don't help him right away.
4. Blessings are sometimes hard to recognize in the moment. Let's just say that in this past year we have had many instances where things have happened and we look back and see what a blessing the chain of events were.
5. TRUE friends are one in a million. I don't think it would be a surprise for me to say that I have really missed my friends since we moved. It has almost been a year and I still have not really found the "group" or even a single friend that I have "clicked" with and found that deep friendship. I am not one who has to have a LARGE group of friends, I have always been content on having a small group of friends and it has always been that way. So to all of you, where ever you may be, California, Utah, Nevada, I miss you and think of you often and the good times that we have had together. I love to read your blogs to feel that I am still at least in some small way in the loop of your life.
6. There is nothing like family. Since moving back to Utah, we have had the opportunity to spend more time with my family. The kids have loved being close to their cousins, Grandma Gerri and Grandpa Page and the cabin. This is something they have never had before, we have always lived far away from my family.
7. Sometimes a break is just what you need. I have not been given a calling since we moved here, but I am so grateful. Up until now I have been in primary for 9 years! It has been really good for me to be involved in adult conversations about the gospel. I think this is what I have needed for a while now, but didn't realize it.
8. Reading books to my kids brings me great enjoyment. I love when Lance brings me books and asks me to read. Who can resist a face like this?
I know this has been a big rambling post and maybe a little more information than you may have wanted to know, but I am very grateful despite how hard this year has been for everything. I am anxious to see what awaits us this year and will do my best to embrace those changes with a smile on my face and an optimistic outlook. Bring on 2009!

7 comments:
We are glad that you guys live close to us. Even though the circumstances weren't what you wanted. The pictures of Preston and Lance are so cute. Hope you are feeling better.
Just this weekend I was thinking of people who have lived in the same house and almost had the same job for the past 30 something years. Then I think of all the times that we have had to move...I envy their stability sometimes.
On the other hand I would not have been able to experience as many things if I had stayed in the same place.
I can't believe we have not had the opportunity to live near each other.I have never met as good as friends since living in Price.
Thanks for sharing.
Heather I LOVE when you blog. I miss you so much. Just that quick trip over to your house was such a welcome break in my day. Bonding over our new babies and decorating your house. All your help with my enrichment activities and hand outs. I miss you being in the loop. I miss you being part of the group. With all the change that you have had to endure think of all the blessings just waiting to be poured down on you. I hope that your circumstances right now turn out how you want them to. I am keeping you in my thoughts...
Could little Preston be any cuter?? And little Lancey pancey....how I miss his cute face!!
I love the story about Liam doing the laundry. What a cute kid. All of your boys are adorable. I hope this year is a better one for you. If you ever need to get out without the kids again, feel free to call!
Heather, miss you. Your pictures are so cute. I can't believe Lance is so grown up (I thought he'd stay Preston's age forever :D) But I can so picture Liam being such a helper, he was always so helpful in primary. We played Singo-bingo this week, it's always fun. :D shawna
I must say blessings easily go unnoticed, but its great to sit down and realize that you are being watched over. I can tell that moving back to Utah has been hard for you and want you to know I am here for you. I am so glad you are here and wish that we could be together more often. I love ya and wish the best for you.
Heather, I love this post so much!
You are missed here! I think about you so much, even though I'm not great at keeping in touch. I"m happy to read your blog and peek into your life on occasion!
Thanks for the life reminders!
Post a Comment