I haven't blogged in a REALLY long time and have had many good friends e-mailing and calling to make sure that everything is okay. Isn't it funny that before the time of blogging you wouldn't think a thing of not hearing from a friend in a few months, but when their blog isn't updated you start to think something has gone horribly wrong?! We have been busy with every day life and a few extras thrown into the mix. Here is what we have been up to:
We just got back from a trip to Utah for Rachael and Aaron's (Daniel's brother) wedding in Utah. The wedding was great. It was fun to see them get married. As if the wedding wasn't exciting enough, my kids and Daniel caught a nasty flu that lasted all 10 days. . . count them 10 days!!! Let's just say that the trip didn't go quite as planned but we all still had a good time. I also think it is fair to say that I have done my share of staying up all night cleaning up barf and poop and doing laundry until AT LEAST next year.
While in Utah for the wedding, Daniel was able to go to a BYU football game with his brother Jimmy who lives in Texas. They had awesome seats and Daniel had a blast hanging out with Jimmy. It is great to spend time with siblings, especially when you hardly get to see them.
We were also able to spend a couple days in Vegas with Daniel's family helping prepare for the open house. The theme was a fiesta, and it was a great time. Still so sorry, Marv that you got the flu and weren't feeling great as you were slaving away in the yard.
Last, but certainly not least, in September we found out that we were expecting #4!! Yes, that makes me feel extremely old. It is like the families you see at church with their 4 kids and you automatically assume that they must be in the "older" category and not the "young" category anymore (no offense). You just figure they have been married quite a while to have such a collection of kids. So to answer the questions I know will be coming: I am due May 16th. Yes I was deathly sick for a couple weeks, but managed to get by thanks to all of Daniel's help. Yes, I am feeling fine now and only get tired occasionally, but have nothing to complain about. Yes we are excited. Yes we will have to get a new car. We think it will be another boy (and I am perfectly happy with that, girls scare me). So wish us luck as we join the "4 kid club".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
HOLY TOLEDO!!!! I was so happy to see a new post! I agree with you on the blogging thing. You start to think something is wrong with your friends if you don't hear from them. Luckily I get to talk to you on the phone, so I knew you weren't dead. We're happy for you guys that you're expecting #4. Another good friend of mine is expecting her 4th too. Don't worry, I won't tease you about being old until I see grey hair!
So, I am in the "old club"? Actually I too used to look at people like me and think the same thing. Now that I am here??...
I LOVE IT!!! Welcome, there's room in this club for you, plenty of room.
Thanks for the new post, now if Leilani would get Hawks in my yard off her blog, and Crystal no more pumpkin patch...we'd be set. Don't worry, we teased them about that yesterday (and I didn't start it) in pre-nursery so they know it's come time to post-up.
Hooray!!!!!! I'm so glad that you guys are expecting! I don't think it makes you old! Just BUSY!! But congrats, and it will be fun to have babies probably only weeks apart from each other! Keep blogging! I'm glad also to hear that you guys are okay! but you've been busy! And you will have to make one more emergency backpack!
It was good to talk to you the other day and ease my concerns as to where you had been.
Congrats on the new baby. I personally hope you have a girl. There is nothing like a daughter!
Heather I'm so glad to hear from you. Congrats on the new baby! I think you have the cutest boys, so another one would be fun. But I have to agree with AmyJo, little girls are so fun! I think everyone needs at least one of each.
Wow!! Heather..it is great to have you back..Wow #4, I will pray for a girl for you! Congrats!! I don't think you are that old..just crazy :P
Hooray!! Someone else to be pregnant with. make you a deal if you have a girl and I have a boy we'll trade stuff! Glad to see you back in the blogging world--missed ya!!
Congratulations on #4 Heather! Don't have heart failure because I am posting on your blog. This blog looks like a girls club, so I hope I haven't crossed some line in the sand.
To all, Smooky Pirate loved Puppy and Puppy loved Smooky Pirate. It's true.
Congrats on the new baby. And welcome back to the blogging world. But early pregnancy sick is a very good excuse!
glad you are back!
welcome to the #4 club...you can scoot on in here with Heidi and I. I guess I've been in that "old" group for a little while now. :)
congrats!
Post a Comment