Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday Project

How many earthquakes does it take to get your act in gear? I will honestly say that these recent earthquakes along with the topic in the Ensign the last couple of months has me really nervous. I decided that this weekend was the time for me to get us prepared for an emergency and get 72 hour kits together.





5 backpacks: $50
canned food: $8
toiletries: $21
ponchos: $5
First Aid Kit: $19
bottled water: $3
gatorade: $2
apple juice: $3
snack items: $25
easy mac: $2
cup o soup: $3
mess kits: $26
misc: $10
PEACE OF MIND: PRICELESS

5 comments:

heidi said...

love it Heather, you are on the ball. I'm getting there. Hopefully this week. We are going to be offering 72 hour kits at Super Saturday.

ali said...

wow! I haven't been on here in a while! You've been busy! Amy and I have our 72-hour goal for Wednesday! With my procratination luck, there will be an earthquake on Tuesday!

Amy said...

Good job, Heather. You're awesome!

AmyJo said...

Your family is lucky to have a great mom like you to prepare these pack if and when you need them. Your work is definitely something to be proud of.

kelly said...

heather, I just remembered you asked me what was in our packs on Sunday and I realize I got distracted and didn't answer...sorry. Your packs look awesome! great job! isn't it the best feeling to know it's done?! I love it. I have pretty much the same kind of stuff in ours too.

Also, I just read your post about the air-tight bags and I am all over that! I've seen them and never had a need, but now, I'm seeing a definite use for them. thanks for sharing!