This afternoon we were making good use of our time, cutting the boys hair. I had just finished cutting Liam's hair and sent him into the downstairs bathroom to take a shower and had proceeded cutting Devan's hair. Midway through Devan's haircut I hear a big crash and then a delayed screaming from the bathroom. I thought that Liam had dropped something on his foot or something. I went into the bathroom to find him in hysterics. All I saw at first was a little scratch on his hip. So I was thinking, no big deal, he'll be fine. I looked up at him to try and tell him to be calm when I saw the real issue -- his eye. It was bulging like it was going to explode! It looked like someone had shoved a medium sized marble up into his eyebrow. He was panicked because he could not see out of his left eye. It was so swollen he couldn't even open it. After much crying and ice on his eye we found out that he was trying to get out of the shower, but the door was stuck. So he pushed harder on it with his body and fell out of the shower, hitting his eye on the toilet. Poor guy. I felt so bad for him. He was trying to be brave, but every once in a while he would whimper in pain. I hope he wakes up feeling much better and I am sure he will probably have a black eye within a couple days. Sorry about your eye, Liam.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Black Eye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Poor guy! The pictures actually look a little milder than the injury did in real life. He's very brave!
now you can say there were 43,688 toilet related accidents. Poor kid, hope he's feeling better tomorrow!
Good one, Heidi!
thanks amy, every now and then i come up with a good one. Right now I'm pretty hot!
Technically, it would be 43,689 because Devan had a "toilet related accident" just a couple months ago, too. Who would I report them too?
Post a Comment