Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dinner

It's cold.

It's raining.

The kids are all feeling a little under the weather.

It's perfect soup weather and I have the itch to cook.

For dinner I am making this:

Homemade chicken noodle soup makes me feel like I am a kid again, it was one of my favorites from when I was a kid. My mom was the best at making this soup, I have yet to master it, but I will continue to try. I think it would be safe to say that this was one of my brothers and sisters favorite things my mom made as well. I can't eat it and not think of her and no one elses even compares.

I remember eating this even when it was so hot it kept burning my tongue and my nose was running. Lots of pepper. Eating two FULL bowls and not regretting it for a second, even though my stomach was about to burst, wishing there was room for one more bowl.

Saltine crackers or breadsticks are the perfect match.

It isn't dinner time yet, the soup is ready and I am anxious to sit down and endulge.

5 comments:

AmyJo said...

I loved your mom's soup too. My tongue was burnt the next day but it was the best. Breadsticks top it off.
Wish I could swing by for dinner tonight! Hope it makes everyone feel better.

Melissa P said...

It is definitely Cory's favorite. I don't think I can make it the same as your moms either. Cory left my crock pot at the cabin, so no soup for us until I get it back. Sounds yummy. My kids love chicken noodle soup too.

Sandra said...

Ummm.. looks good. I hope those who are sick feel better soon.

Potter Family said...

Oh my goodness, I should have come for dinner to your house last night. I made it a couple of weeks ago and had grandma over. I too think of mom whenever I make it.

jillhales said...

YUMMY..that looks good!!