I can't believe another month has come and gone and I am left wondering what have i been doing? So here is what I (we) have been doing:
I had a really nasty cold at the beginning of November that left me speachless...literally, as in NO VOICE. I am sure the boys loved it. For once the excuse "I didn't hear you" was actually valid.
I was able to go to lunch with my BFF from way back -- Annie. Annie (her real name is Ann, but ya know that is who she will always be to me) and I were joined at the hip as kids -- did everything together. We have never lived near each other until now. I love when I get together with friends I haven't seen in years and we can start talking just like it has only been a week or two since we last saw each other -- it was a much neede break from the kids and it was even better being with a friend.
We were able to go up to Heidi & Steve's (my sister) house for a Thanksgiving-before-Thanksgiving dinner. She is a nut, what can I say. She made the turkey, stuffing, pie, you name it. And I must say she makes the BEST pie!!! Everyone else can knock themselves out on the turkey, but leave the mashed potatoes and pie for me!
Of course, there was my birthday. :) I gave myself the gift of taking the day of, just because. It was a great day. I cleaned out our storage room, my visiting teachers came and brought me a bundt cake which Lance so nicely emptied an entire bottle of Elmer's glue into the center. Daniel and the boys took me to the Olive Garden. Let's just say I think we will be waiting a while before the boys join us at a restaurant like that again. Especially with the chairs on wheels. The ride home was even better as we had to pull over for a bloody nose -- Liam accidentally smacked Devan in the nose (result of a backseat brawl - both equally at fault) and Devan's bloody noses are not just a drip or two, we are talking his entire lap full of blood.
The Page family girls all went out to lunch at Carrabba's and then went to see Twilight. Now, I must say I liked the movie, but.............I think it would be difficult to follow if you hadn't read the book, I think that they made Edward look too creepy on the posters and movie cover, I didn't think that they developed the plot very well, but it also made me want to read the book again. I also think it would be a good TV show where they could give more details. I also liked getting images in my head of what the characters looked like.
Lance has been assessed and qualifies for speech therapy. I am not sure if he just doesn't want to talk or if fluid in his ears early on has affected his hearing, but I am glad he will be getting help.
Preston is cuter than ever, but not feeling very well. He has a respiratory infection, ear infection and his two bottom teeth are coming in -- I would scream too if I felt that crummy.
And last, but definitely not least............Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for EVERYTHING that I have. I know that sounds so generic and unsincere, but I have come to realize that when you have the least, you treasure things the most. We are so thankful to be near family for the holidays this year. This is a first for us in a LONG time. We haven't lived near family since we lived in Vegas. I am so thankful for my boys. Even though they can drive me crazy and completely gross me out, I can't think of my life without them. They have their fights and rough moments, but I am so grateful that they are all healthy and love each other. Through all of our moving, I am glad that they have always had each other. I am grateful for the experiences that we have had in the last year. We have learned a lot and have realized that nothing is permanent or for sure and not to take anything for granted. I am thankful for all my friends, those from my childhood, vegas and California. Friends are a huge blessing. And of course, I am grateful for the gospel and for eternal families. Happy Holidays to everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oh I wish you would blog more often...i love reading what you have to say.
and...I miss you.
Heather, I miss you too. We had our primary program Nov 16 sooo late. Glad it's over, on to Christmas songs! :D Happy holidays, Shawna
I am happy that everything is moving along for you and that you get those fun breaks every now and then.
I couldn't agree more with your last paragraph. Somethings are hard but the lessons learned, far out weigh the sacrifice.
I wish you could blog more too...I started because of you.
Regardless of the miles between us I am grateful for your friendship!
Email me your Phone number,-k!
Post a Comment