
We all know that kids have GREAT imaginations, but it never ceases to amaze me at what they come up with. Sunday morning i am laying in bed, relishing the fact that it is 7 a.m. and i don't HAVE to get up. i can hear a little bit of noise in the kitchen but didn't think much of it (who am i kidding, i didn't WANT to know what they were doing and was praying the end result wouldn't be that big of a deal). Anyway, so i take my time waking up. Feed Preston and decide it is time to mozy downstairs and make sure that everyone has had breakfast and get the Sunday get ready ritual started. (we were bound a determined to be on time so that we could actualy sit in the chapel -- and we were by the way). but back to the story. as i get to the bottom of the stairs the first thing i notice is a cookie sheet filled with some kind of pink liquidy stuff. My eyes start scanning and i notice that there are chairs at the sink, flour and an empty milk carton. Upon further investigation i discover that there are similar concoctions two other pots. Of course I ask "what in the WORLD is this?!!" To which i get the reply "it tastes like bubblegum." My response "good hope you like it because you are going to drink it!" Come to find out they had mixed milk, water, flour, sugar and the secret ingredient -- cherry snow cone flavoring. After they had made their first little "batch" and discovered it tasted like bubblegum they whipped up more -- LOTS more. They were determined they could make this goo into bubblegum. I couldn't believe it! What honestly makes kids think they can make these types of things?! I make them clean it up (clean is a very subjective word here) and go about getting everyone ready for church. On my way out the door i discover yet another, bigger pot of the goo by the deep freeze!! It only gets better -- I decide to make some peach crisp (for the crisp part, of course) for dessert. As i open the oven i discover that the little darlings had decided to try and cook the goo. Yes, it was all over the bottom of the oven. SERIOUSLY!!!!! I was really mad (but secretly amused at the same time). I called them upstairs and explained that i would LOVE to make a treat for them but just couldn't. They had very puzzled looks on their faces. i asked them to please go look in the oven. As they opened the door i hear "oooohhhh." Long pause. "yes, ohhh." I replied. They cleaned the nasty (and smelly by this time) mess. When we talked a little more about it at dinner Daniel asked them what they were doing and Liam calmly replied "well, it tasted like bubblegum, so we thought if we cooked it, it would harden it up a bit." We exchanged glances over the dinner table, both trying not to laugh. I know Daniel hasn't found the humor just yet, but i must admit i am pretty impressed with their creativity. If only their creativity didn't creat suct huge messes.

9 comments:
That is hilarious and I thought my kids were creative! Well, hopefully I can let yours win out in that department!
Wow that mess would make me upset. It is hard when they are creative about it. In their little minds everything seems fine.
that was an awesome experience! you handled it so well...what a good mom. i am attending a parenting class in the black mtn. stake, and i really enjoy it! you dealt with this beautifully and reinforced a few of the things shared!
Mmmmm...tell Liam and Devan they can come and cook for us at our house-ha! The extra dialogue made it especially funny, though!
I must say I don't know that I have heard any better of a creative concoction. Well written! You didn't know you had a couple of Willy Wonka scientist did ya!?
I guess you are like me in that you don't fly off the handle because you begin to become numb to their little escapades,you don't know when and what will happen you just know something eventually will. When it does you just deal with it, huh?! That is definitly something to journal and retell that genius Liam when he grows older.
I can just see Liam saying - we thought it would harden up a bit! So funny, did ya take a picture? I always forget in those heated moments.
You always have the best stories, Heather. Your boys crack me up!
haha! cool...
Thanks for entering the contest, what a great story that was, thank you! Check back today to see who wins!
Good Luck
Post a Comment