Friday, June 15, 2007


It has now been five year since my mom has passed away and I have been thinking about my favorite things about her. Here they are:

1. Her laugh -- especially when she would laugh so hard she couldn't breath.
2. Her mottos: "There isn't anyone you don't like, only people you don't know." "I don't get mad, I just get even." "Every day is a gift of God." "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
3. The way she would get excited when we came home to visit.
4. Her love of the scriptures -- she was always reading them.
5. Her strength and unshakable faith.
6. The way after 30+ years of marriage she still held hands with my dad.
7. The way she would point her little finger out while she would drink or eat a sandwich.
8. I look like her.
9. She never judged people and always gave them the benefit of the doubt.
10. She will ALWAYS be my mom.

3 comments:

heidi said...

okay heather, i am totally tearing up at your mom's post, and at the same time am laughing as i read about devan- especially about him not LOOSING the gum.

Amy said...

Your mom sounds like she was an amazing person! I loved your post!

ali said...

sounds like you got MANY of your mom's qualities. Thanks for sharing about her.